Monday, August 30, 2010

Sparkles!

I am quite happy today, CropStop (my fav!) has stocked up on glitter and embossing powders by Sprinkle & Sparkle! (If you have visited an Hierloom Rubber Stamp & Scrpbooking show you may have seen them there! I used their stuff at a make n take night in Grapevine, TX in Jan. '10 and LOVED it so much I stocked up back then!)

Check out what I did with an acrylic butterfly that I hated the color on...
Photobucket
Photobucket

The butterfly was originally a faded blue and yellow one with a brown body... can we say bland.. and wanted to use it on this multi-pink and green butterfly print card. So I pulled out my Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive (my fave!) and outlined and filled in the blue section with a thin layer of the adhesive. I poured the Burgandy Glitter on, tapped off the excess and let dry. I added Diamond Stickles to the yellow sections and rhinestones to the body. I bent the wings up and glue dotted just the body on.


This one is brand new... never seen before... glitter-rama! I will be doing a tut on HOW soon, but wanted to show you another look using the fab glitter while I was posting about it!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

I randomly sprinkled green, gold and burgandy glitter over leaves that were coated in the Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive. The tree itself is copper embossing powder, the sentiment is from Vintage Vogue by SU! in green embossing powder.


Don't forget to stop by the CropStop forum and get registerd for the Fall Frolic! Challenges every day, games, prizes and even a few RAKs from the DT on their own blogs (HINT! HINT!)

1 comment: